Monday, December 8, 2008

Medela Nursing Camisole Review


The Medela cami is made of an eco-friendly bamboo cotton blend, with attractive lace edging at the top and bottom. I like that the tank is long and somewhat fitted, providing good coverage without being bulky. I’ve written before that I think nursing camis are an essential part of the nursing mom’s wardrobe – providing midsection coverage while lifting your shirt to nurse. Available in black and white, this cami will transform any shirt into the perfect nursing top.

Medela’s cami features a bra shelf that separates completely from the outer layer. There is an added layer of material between the shelf and outer layer, providing added support and a nice smoothing effect. I found the Medela cami to be the most supportive and most comfortable of the shelf style nursing camis that I’ve tried. If you find you need a little added support, I would recommend wearing a nursing sleep bra underneath – it worked for me when I was nursing exclusively. (I was a 38F when I was nursing exclusively – now that my daughter is older and not drinking as much milk, I’m back to a 36DD. I found this cami provided plenty of support at my current size.)

This shelf design is particularly well suited for pumping, and was designed specifically to work with the Medela Freestyle for completely hands free capability. As a mother that worked and traveled some while I was nursing, this is an especially nice feature. I like that this cami is well suited for both nursing and pumping, so you don’t have to think about what kind of feeding you’ll be doing on a particular day while getting dressed.

I would definitely recommend this product – for its comfort, style and functionality!

Click here to learn more or purchase one today.

5 comments:

Top Tupperware said...

I like your blog its cute come check out mine www.tupperware-4-u.blogspot.com =] Its not your mothers tupperware anymore!=]

mommytoalot said...

Cute top. Thanks for stopping by my blog
xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the review, looks cool, I just bought two nursing sleep bras otherwise I would have thought about purchasing one more.

Unknown said...

I am about the same size as you, but I'm having a hard time deciding what size Medela cami to buy---I want it supportive, so I don't want to buy something that's too big. Did you get a Large or Medium?

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Hi Jennifer - I went with a size large. If you are about the same size as me I think you'll find you need a large for the bra to fit correctly. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine! :)